Tile Flooring Care Tips in Sacramento California
Posted on September 7, 2017
There is no doubt that tile floors look great. Given the variety of designs, colors and patterns available on the market today, you can select tiles which perfectly complement your home and office décor. Moreover, tiles are known to be easier to clean than other types of flooring and there is a lower risk of water damage and staining. However, over time, tile floors can lose their gloss and appearance due to wear and tear, dust and dirt, and heavy foot traffic. Therefore, taking care of your tile floor and fixtures is important.
To make things easier for you, here are a few basic tile floor care tips:
- As mentioned above, tile floors are generally easier to clean. So, it wouldn’t take more than a quick sweep to get the dust and grime off the surface. If you can, mop the floor three times a week, if your tile floor encounters heavy foot traffic. Otherwise, even once a week would suffice.
- You can also vacuum your floor if you don’t want to put in the effort to dampen the mop and then wait for the floor to try. This is convenient as any contaminants on the surface of the floor will be removed by the vacuum cleaner.
- You have to be a bit more careful if you have glazed tiles. This is because you have to use non-oil based cleaners for cleaning the grout. Grout cleaning generally takes more effort than cleaning the tiles, so this one area where you should seek our help, at Sacramento California Carpet Cleaning Professionals.
How Do Sacramento California Homeowners Care For Their Tile Floors?
In addition to cleaning the tiles regularly, there are a few tips you should follow to ensure the products you are using for the cleaning job won’t cause any damage:
- Test the sealants and scouring powders by applying them over a small area. If they work, you can then proceed to clean the entire area.
- Once the cleaning is done, rinse the floor with water. This will ensure the cleaning solution is removed properly and there is no residue.
A couple of additional tile floor care tips you should keep in mind are:
- Have the tiles repaired, replaced and installed by a professional tile company. This will ensure you don’t have to face any damage due to improper installation.
- Apply sealant on the grout joints right after the tiles are installed to ensure there is limited space for dirt and other contaminants to build up. This will make keeping the grouts clean easier and enable you to maintain the appearance of your tiles.
There are a few don’ts when it comes to caring for your tile floors, such as:
- Don’t use any cleaners which contain bleaches or acids
- Don’t use oil-based or wax-based cleaners
- Make sure the sealants are applied only on the grout joints
- Use soft cloths and rags for wiping the tiles to prevent scratches
- Never clean unglazed tiles with products which leave color or residue
So, these are some dos and don’ts of caring for a tile floor. Follow the tips provided above and your tiles will last for years to come. In case you are unable to clean them properly or feel the problem at hand is beyond your domain, call Sacramento California Carpet Cleaners and we will come in restore your tile floor to its original condition!